"Do Something Constructive" is more than a clever saying for the team at Construction Engineers; it is the founding principle for how our company approaches each day. Founded in 1978, Construction Engineers has earned a reputation for undertaking complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for our clients, employees, and the communities we serve.
Construction Engineers operates a commercial division focusing primarily on office, education, healthcare, and public facilities, as well as an industrial division which builds processing plants and infrastructure systems.
Construction Engineers has staff located in offices in Bemidji, MN and Grand Forks, Devils Lake, Fargo, Mandan, Watford City, ND.
Construction Engineers is seeking Carpenters for various projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies and works with blueprints, sketches, or building plans.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Install cabinets and molding.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs, lays out and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Covers subfloor with building paper to keep out moisture and lays hardwood, parquet, and wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor, cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware, such as locks, letterdrops, and kick plates.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Other duties as directed by the Superintendent and/or Supervisor.
- Two to three years prior carpentry experience or combination of education and experience.
- Able to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions & procedure manuals.
- Ability to problem solve, calculate figures and apply the basics of geometry.
- Position required regularly to climb, bend, stand, sit, walk, lift, kneel, push, pull, crawl in the course of the workday.
- Good hand/eye balance is required in order to use the tools necessary to complete the required work.
- Must be able to work in all kinds of weather.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Benefits of joining our team:
Training and Professional Development
Good Working Environment
Family Picnic/Holiday Party